Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 12 hours.
Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need EPUB and MOBI Version, please send contact us.
Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices
Buy a new version of this textbook and receive access to the Connected eBook with Study Center on CasebookConnect, including: lifetime access to the online ebook with highlight, annotation, and search capabilities; practice questions from your favorite study aids; an outline tool and other helpful resources. Connected eBooks provide what you need most to be successful in your law school classes.
Twenty-First Century Civil Procedure, Third Edition presents the major themes of U.S. civil litigation—the adversary system, our dedication to the use of juries in civil cases, our American brand of federalism and its impact on the judicial system and litigation generally, and the relatively recent development of managerial judging—for an introductory course on civil procedure. With its contemporary perspective, Twenty-First Century Civil Procedure includes discussion of modern problems, such as e-discovery and the requirement of careful scrutiny during the certification stage of class suits. The skillful pedagogy evident throughout the book is designed to provide context for the understanding of doctrines and issues, and to stimulate classroom discussion. Expository text introduces students to the issues, followed by carefully edited cases that resolve some of the more important issues, practical Problems, and Notes and Questions that aid the process of analysis. Pictures and sidebars provide additional context and pique student interest. A statutory supplement is published annually.
New to the Third Edition:
- New cases—including Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. v. Superior Court of California; Ford Motor Co. v. Montana Eighth Judicial District Court; and Ford Motor Co. v. Bandemer
- Streamlined—the Third Edition is approximately 10% shorter
Professors and students will benefit from:
- Ample expository text introducing doctrines and issues in context
- Exploration of major themes in civil litigation, including the adversary system, use of juries, the federal structure of our judicial system, and the advent of managerial judging
- Comprehensive treatment of federalism, including Erie doctrine, pre-emption, abstention, and anti-suit injunctions
- Examination of jury entitlement without all the lengthy and inconclusive that add complexity and obscurity to the subject
- Detailed coverage of post-verdict challenges (new trial and JMAL motions, additur and remittitur)
1543839061, 1543857035, 9781543839067, 9781543857030