Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 12 hours
Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need EPUB and MOBI Version, please send me a message (Click “message us” icon at the right corner)
Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices (Kindle, NOOK, Android/IOS devices, Windows, MAC)
Quality: High Quality. No missing contents. Printable
Research in Communication Sciences and Disorders: Methods for Systematic Inquiry, Third Edition is a comprehensive yet comprehendible text meant for instructors and students of research methods in the field of communication sciences and disorders. This forward-thinking text reflects the movement toward evidence-based practice in audiology and speech-language pathology.
The author ensures that the concepts associated with evidence-based practice are integrated throughout the chapters. Rather than treating empirical research and searching for clinical evidence as separate topics, this text presents both as different applications of a process of scientific inquiry. The order of the chapters reflects the steps a researcher or clinician might complete when conducting an investigation. Also included are features that help students be more active in learning the material. Each chapter has a set of review questions or case scenarios that can be used as homework, as probe questions in class, or as a basis for group activities. In addition, the author provides lists of supplemental readings from the research literature in the field.
Changes to the third edition include:
- Ancillary materials include convenient presentation slides for each chapter and answers to review questions for instructors. For students, the website lists the key words for each chapter, provides links to supplemental websites and documents, and displays interactive versions of many of the figures within the text.
- Incorporating the recent information on evidence-based practice
- Updating the statistics chapter with additional contemporary procedures
- Revising the chapter on research design
- Generally updating references and information in all chapters