Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 12 hours.
Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need EPUB and MOBI Version, please send contact us.
Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices.
It’s no secret that inventors need to protect their secrets. If you present an invention to a prospective buyer or licensee, it can be stolen. The best way to protect yourself is with a nondisclosure agreement.
But it’s not enough to hand a company a one-size-fits-all nondisclosure agreement and expect a signature. The company may request modifications to the inventor’s agreement, supply its own agreement or actually require an inventor to give up claims of confidentiality.
This plain-English book helps inventors create, modify and understand nondisclosure agreements. In addition to providing sample agreements, it explains:
- the laws concerning trade secrets and their limitations
- the risks of proceeding without a nondisclosure agreement
- the dangers posed by waiver agreements
- what to do if a company won’t sign an agreement
- which modifications help the inventor and which modifications can hurt
- the perils of disclosing to employees, contractors and attorneys
- the meaning of each of the legalese “boilerplate” provisions in nondisclosure agreements
Disclosing your invention requires a balancing act: Presenting the best aspects of your invention while protecting the confidential aspects of your work. With this book an inventor can effectively maintain the necessary balance and minimize the risks of disclosure.