Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 12 hours.
Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need EPUB and MOBI Version, please send contact us.
Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices
The reaction in the area and across the nation mixed fear, lack of information, and the struggles of doctors to save the victims of an unknown killer with hard science and the age old rhythmns of the desert. What came out was the story of a virus that had been killing since man arrived in the American continents, Hantavirus, with deadly relatives across the Americas and across the world. This book explains why and how the virus kills, and why it is still killing today. Why all of the science aimed at a virus identified back in 1993 has not brought a vaccine or a cure is part of the story, as is how that killer virus fits into the story of “new” diseases across the world.
The story of hantavirus disease, what has happened since that first outbreak, and what the real risks are is laid out by an experienced scientist and an award winning journalist living and working in the area of the 1993 outbreak.
* Covers the full story of the recent hantavirus outbreak
* Includes interviews with survivors, and local reaction
* Presents the science in lay terms
* Places the event in the broader context of emerging diseases worldwide
* The only account which takes the reader beyond the initial outbreak in 1993-1994, bringing them up to late 1998
* Discusses hantavirus disease in the U.S., Argentina, and Canada