Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 12 hours
Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need EPUB and MOBI Version, please send me a message (Click “message us” icon at the right corner)
Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices (Kindle, NOOK, Android/IOS devices, Windows, MAC)
Quality: High Quality. No missing contents. Printable
A “must have” text for all healthcare professionals practicing in the digital age of healthcare.
Nursing Informatics for the Advanced Practice Nurse, Second Edition, delivers a practical array of tools and information to show how advanced practice nurses can maximize patient safety, quality of care, and cost savings through the use of technology. Since the first edition of this text, health information technology has only expanded. With increased capability and complexity, the current technology landscape presents new challenges and opportunities for interprofessional teams. Nurses, who are already trained to use the analytic process to assess, analyze, and intervene, are in a unique position to use this same process to lead teams in addressing healthcare delivery challenges with data.
The only informatics text written specifically for advanced practice nurses, Nursing Informatics for the Advanced Practice Nurse, Second Edition, takes an expansive, open, and innovative approach to thinking about technology. Every chapter is highly practical, filled with case studies and exercises that demonstrate how the content presented relates to the contemporary healthcare environment. Where applicable, concepts are aligned with the six domains within the Quality and Safety Education in Nursing (QSEN) approach and are tied to national goals and initiatives. Featuring chapters written by physicians, epidemiologists, engineers, dieticians, and health services researchers, the format of this text reflects its core principle that it takes a team to fully realize the benefit of technology for patients and healthcare consumers.
- Several chapters present new material to support teams’ optimization of electronic health records
- Updated national standards and initiatives
- Increased focus and new information on usability, interoperability and workflow redesign throughout, based on latest evidence
- Explores challenges and solutions of electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs), a major initiative in healthcare informatics; Medicare and Medicaid Services use eCQMs to judge quality of care, and how dynamics change rapidly in today’s environment
- Presents national standards and healthcare initiatives
- Provides in-depth case studies for better understanding of informatics in practice
- Addresses the DNP Essentials, including II: Organization and system leadership for quality improvement and systems thinking, IV: Core Competency for Informatics, and Interprofessional Collaboration for Improving Patient and Population health outcomes
- Includes end-of-chapter exercises and questions for students
- Instructor’s Guide and PowerPoint slides for instructors
- Aligned with QSEN graduate-level competencies
Nursing Informatics for the Advanced Practice Nurse, Second Edition 2nd Edition by Susan McBride, PhD, RN-BC, CPHIMS; Mari Tietze, PhD, RN-BC, FHIMSS. Save up to 80% by choosing the eTextbook option for ISBN: 9780826140555, 0826140556. The print version of this textbook is ISBN: 9780826140456, 0826140459.