Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 12 hours.
Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need EPUB and MOBI Version, please send contact us.
Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices
Beginning with the introduction of Middle East’s food culture, the book addresses the food safety status in the Middle East. It dives deep in biological hazards (foodborne infections, intoxications and toxicoinfections) and in chemical hazards in foods of the Middle East. Additionally, the book reviews current measures that are being used to control foodborne pathogens in common foods widely consumed in the area. Interestingly, important data on food safety knowledge, attitudes, and practices among food handlers in foodservice establishments in the Arab countries of the Middle East, are being thoroughly presented and analyzed. The book finally summarizes the current food safety legislations implemented at government level in certain Middle Eastern countries.
It is a valuable reference for graduate students, researchers, librarians and professionals working in the food sector.
- Gives an overview of the traditional foods, food safety practices, and food culture in the Middle East
- Provides current research on pathogens in traditional foods consumed in the Arab countries of the Middle East
- Discusses foodborne infections, intoxications and toxicoinfections to gain an understanding of causes to promote best practices
- Summarizes data on chemical contaminants and residues in foods addressing potential food safety hazards in the Middle East
- Discusses control measures of pathogens in common foods in the Middle East
- Includes information on policies and strategies/measures to combat food safety infections, intoxications and toxicoinfections
- Presents perspectives on current and future legislations to limit foodborne intoxications to improve food safety in Middle East countries and the Gulf states