Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 12 hours.
Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need EPUB and MOBI Version, please send contact us.
Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices
Popular casebook author and bar review lecturer Richard Freer makes the complex principles of civil procedure accessible for students and practitioners in this treatise.
Filled with hundreds of examples, the book integrates legal doctrine with factual analysis. The book breaks the doctrines of civil procedure into easy-to-understand components, and then brings them together to show how they form a comprehensive body of law. As stated by one procedure scholar, this book “is a key reference not only for students, but also for any lawyer or scholar looking for a starting point to their research on procedure and jurisdiction. The latest edition is always on my bookshelf.”
New to the 5th Edition:
- The Supreme Court’s most recent decision on specific personal jurisdiction, Ford Motor Company, and how it flows from the Court’s restriction of general personal jurisdiction
- Detailed analysis of all recent amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Emerging law on class actions, including justiciability, ascertainability, cy pres, and issue certification
- Detailed treatment of remedies, including provisional remedies
- The Court’s 2020 recognition of “defense preclusion”
Professors and students will benefit from:
- “Defining the Issue,” a section that opens each chapter, putting material into context and making connections to related areas of procedure and jurisdiction law
- Analytical frameworks to synthesize key subject areas